+
It never gets weird enough.

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

It's just not the same since you went away

It's been far too long, hasn't it? My life has hit extreme craziness. I can't believe I'm back at school in my graduating year already. It's funny how time flies. I haven't yet decided how I feel about this "graduating" business. I'm torn on the issue, really. On one hand it will be nice to get out of the high school politics that tend to pop up. On the other hand, I'm not sure that I'm ready for "the real world" as some like to call it. Although my dad assures me that the real world won't hit me until much, much later. It's weird to think of Swift Current not being my home. I hear people complain about this place a lot, and I agree, sometimes it is frustrating, but I don't think I'd trade it if I had the chance. Most of my family lives here and I love being close to them, especially at those times when you realize they won't always be around. Basically right now I have no idea what I'm doing or what I'm going to do with my life. But I'm confident that it will work itself out.

Well, since I have been putting this off for awhile, but here you go...this is for you, Sayre;

List five songs that you are currently digging ... it doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions, the artist, and the song in your blog along with your five songs. Then tag five other people to see what they're listening to.

1) "Luckenbach, Texas" - Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson - I decided to start 'er off with a big country bang. This has got to be one of the coolest songs in the world. The Waylon and Willie mix is almost too much to handle. I'm really enjoying the older country currently, so this fits in with that. Kid Rock and Kenny Chesney have a pretty sweet remix as well.
2) "Ohio (Come Back to Texas)" - Bowling For Soup - This is such a stick in your head song it's not even funny. It was all over the radios when I went to B.C. and has been in my head ever since. That's quite catchy, you must understand, since B.C. was almost a month ago. Bowling For Soup are totally one of those pop-punk bands that you want to hate, but just can't. The charm is just too...well, charming.
3) "Blackbird" - The Beatles - Well the Beatles pretty much rock my socks, and it pains me to admit you that I just got the "beat" thing about a month ago. Despite that, there's know denying the fact that they rocked music like no other, and continue to rock my world pretty much daily. To sum it up - this song is pretty fucking awesome.
4) "Fuck You" - Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg - To be honest, this song is vulgar and horrible, completely degrading to women and pretty much disgusting. I can't get enough. There's something about that Snoop that I just can't resist. His voice is very tantalizing, and though I tried, I just couldn't not sing along. I realize Sayre and Teagan probably won't be talking to me for about a week after they read this, but just know that I still love you guys, okay?
5) "Hallejuah" - Rufus Wainwright - You might remember this song rocking the big screen on Shrek. It's pretty sweet, although I noticed in the movie they skipped the part about sex. I guess it was just a little too risque for the children's virgin ears. It's pretty soothing anyway, puts me to sleep at night, which is always nice.

This list was pretty frickin hard for me considering the amount of music I listen to, but there you go, I got through 'er. TAG!

Kevin (cause I know it will at least be interesting)
Joel (cause I actually have no idea what you listen to, I know it's not what I do...please respect me)
Britt (once again I'm unsure, which is odd)
Kalin (cause you didn't get your first CD 'til you were like 14 and I want to know what you're uninfluenced mind enjoys)
Jill (cause I love you)


I suppose that will be all for now, although you can count on much more bitching about my future plans, or lack thereof. As always, love you all!


Posted by courtneymay |


« Home | I'm blogging this. » //-->





Courtney...where art thou Courtney..... anywho....so you got update me on the last trends in music...I am so outdated

Posted by Anonymous Kalin #  

~Oo°~

Wow, you're fast. How long did this take you? Three weeks? Amazing!

Posted by Anonymous Sayre #  

~Oo°~

Haha you're funny! Bite me.

Posted by Anonymous Master #  

~Oo°~

OH, A BABY! I'M BIGGER THEN YOU! GET IN MY BELLY!

Posted by Anonymous Sayre #  

~Oo°~

Since when was Kalin ever not outdated in music? Anyways, you have a wide range of song genres that interest you: I'm jealous.

Posted by Anonymous Britt #  

~Oo°~

Add a comment:

Name
Website   Html allowed : <a>, <b>, <i>

 


 © It never gets weird enough. 2005 - Powered by Blogger Templates for Blogger